I'm not sure of the problem but something like

<?
if ($condition) { echo $time}
else { //do something else}
?>
You can also print or echo html from php if that helps your program flow

like
<?
echo "<Table>
         <TR><TH>title</TH></TR>
          <TR><TD>$data</TD></TR>
          </Table>";
?>
Often you will want to generate the table rows in an if() or while()
statement
You can do the same thing with any html tags , javascript, etc.

Web pages are not static so pass parameters you need through url
A php trick is that <a href="$PHP_SELF?params"> calls itself with the
parameters
you give it. This works on form action= statements too

HTH

--
Dell Coleman, Principal
PICO Technology Corp.