Man, this is a real value!

I was in a trouble thinking how to publish data coming from the
administration area. Thinking in programming visual basic interfaces,
generate SQL inserts, etc. But now you can simply publish it and thats
all! Browsing with google, I found this well written article from Tim
Uckun "ODBC Socket Server"
http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/timuckun20001207.php3?print_mode=1

Dos cositas:

1. This works for any ODBC filter installed on the windows server? So,
we can browse and update excel, text, SQL Server, etc, without having to
compile native support in the php?

2. The page at http://odbc.linuxave.net/, stated as the source for the
ODBCSocketServer server, is not on-line now. Does anybody knoes if this
will be fixed soon? Is there another source for the ODBCSocketServer server?