On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 11:04:09PM -0500, Peter Hutnick wrote:
> http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.similar-text.php states that the third
> argument should be a reference.  PHP 4.0.6 complains "Warning: Call-time
> pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value;" etc.
>
> But that percentage (double) is only available this way . . .
>
> Where am I going wrong?

This might have something to do with it.  From the php.ini:

allow_call_time_pass_reference = Off
          ; whether to enable the ability to force arguments to be
          ; passed by reference at function-call time.  This method
          ; is deprecated, and is likely to be unsupported in future
          ; versions of PHP/Zend.  The encouraged method of specifying
          ; which arguments should be passed by reference is in the
          ; function declaration.  You're encouraged to try and
          ; turn this option Off, and make sure your scripts work
          ; properly with it, to ensure they will work with future
          ; versions of the language (you will receive a warning
          ; each time you use this feature, and the argument will
          ; be passed by value instead of by reference).

--
Jason Stechschulte
[EMAIL PROTECTED]