I am having the following problem.
I have a database that is setup as follows

CREATE TABLE test (
  id tinyint(4) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  text text NOT NULL ,
  PRIMARY KEY  (id)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

I have a page after a form that confirms all data to be entered the html is
as follows

text=\"test \'ve\"
id=1
<form action=./commitcard.php >
<input type=hidden name=text value="\"test I\'ve\"">
<input type=hidden name=id value="1">
<input type=submit name=submit value="Commit to database!">
</form>

however in the next page I am doing a print of the insert statement for
testing and all I get is the following
insert into test (id,text) values ('1','\')

I have tried the following
$test = stripslashes($test);

 but it just gets worse any ideas would be helpful

I am using php 4.0.6, apache 1.3.20, mysql 3.23.42, and Linux kernel 2.4.3

Lance Rochelle
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://ulands.idlegames.com
(607) 775-2681