From: T.Sean Schulze [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 13 September 2001 11:47
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] php4 and apache on SuSE Linux

I am trying to run a simple php4 script on my SuSE Linux 7.2 (Update)
system, but I am not getting the correct output.  Instead of the browser
(Netscape or Konqueror) showing a normal web page, it shows the raw
commands from the php script portion of the html file.

Here is the script I am using:

        <head>
        <title>PHP Test Example</title>
        </head>
        <?php

                echo <hr>;
                echo date("H:i, jS F");
                echo <p>;
                echo Hi, I am a PHP script!<p>;
                echo <hr>;

        ?>

When I open this file with konqueror or Netscape, the browser window
carries the title "PHP Test Example", but the output within the browser
window looks like this:

; echo date("H:i, jS F"); echo

; echo Hi, I am a PHP script!

; echo
-------------------------<a horizontal rule>___________________
; ?>

Furthermore, if I run a simple script from the command line, something like
this ("trythis.php"):

#!/usr/bin/php

echo "Hey, I am working fine.";

this is the output I get:

tschulze:~/web_dev/schulze> ./trythis.php

echo "Hey, I am working fine.";

tschulze:~/web_dev/schulze>

Any idea what I need to do to get this working right?

TIA,
Sean

[EMAIL PROTECTED]