hi,

if you are just doing it to read emails my first idea is: get
some email program and make a pop connection. Then you can
email offline fine. (duh)

But that can hardly be the reason for you to want to do this.

If it is to read email, there is a POP class around, by Manuel
Lemos, 1999. With it you can connect to some POP email server
and get a list of the emails, i guess also only headers. I
think that's even in the example. Then with a number you can
collect or delete single emails. It takes some very structured
programmer (hint: take a spare email address for testing,
believe me, you'll be glad you did it!)

I am (still) developing something with that class to enter data
into a MySQL database through structured emails (you can't
imagine how many tests it needs to prevent mistakes...).

I always forget where i got that class so you'll have to do a
search (start at phpclasses.upperdesign.com, then sklar.?.?).
It is called pop3_class.

Manuel used to be on this list too.

> 1)Goto mail.yahoo.com
> 2)Authenticate (submit username and password)
> 3)proceed to next screen and grab the inbox page (which shows
the messages
> headers)
> 4)Log out
pfew! i sure hope yahoo supports POP! not a good idea to first
have yahoo turn the emails into web pages and then you
dissecting it again, and when you may have figured out the best
header end border is '</i></td>' they change the layout so it
suddenly is '</b></td>'.... my head starts aching already ;-)

and then this:
> I know how I can post data, but I wonder how I can keep my
script
> authenticated while surfing from page to page...

brrr!

> Does the fopen() support "https://"; also?
dunno

succes,Chris

PS: just curious: is Bachaalany your family name? how does one
pronounce it?

PS 2: I'm hardly ever reading this list so, if for whatever
reason you reply, please remove [PHP] from the subject line and
cc it to me.

-----
--  C.Hayes  Droevendaal 35  6708 PB Wageningen  the
Netherlands  --