One possible solution (I have not tried) is to force a symlink-

cd /var/database/mysql
ln -sf /mnt/cdrom/path/to/mydatabase mydatabase

You would have to make sure the database was for the right platform (a MySQL database
created on a sparc64, for example, would not work on a PowerPC)

Is there any reason in particular why you don't want to just put a mysqldump onto the
cd that gets loaded by the
local machine?