On Thu, 20 Sep 2001 11:49:02 +0200 impersonator of [EMAIL PROTECTED] (*
R&Ze:) planted &I saw in php.general:

>It's not all that difficult, really. It's exactly how it's described

Well. They don't describe (in my copy of documentation, at least:) a
return on error. And it dosn't blew up an error message. I had to find it
by myself. It (in 4.0.6, at least) returns -1 on erroneous data supply.

Make sure, you check for that, if, like, you convert user data, otherwise
it will blow up on its further processing.
--
i leonid http://nux.home.dk3.com