On Saturday 22 September 2001 14:41, Alexis Antonakis wrote:

> I am developing a simple site, in PHP4, which has three frames on it.
>
> The first gives you the search options and the second two, the results.
>
> What I was wondering was, while the database is being searched, is it
> possible to display some text in the 'results' frame stating that the
> search is in progress?

Little thing to think about: is your search so slow that you need to (or
that it makes sense to) display an "in progress" text?

Go to
http://www.google.com/search?q=e
and look at the info in the upper right corner of the page. That's how a
search should work :)

--
Christian Reiniger
LGDC Webmaster (http://lgdc.sunsite.dk/)

"These are the people who proudly call themselves "hackers" --
not as the term is now abused by journalists to mean a computer
criminal, but in its true and original sense of an enthusiast,
an artist, a tinkerer, a problem solver, an expert."

- ESR