I've a web-site developed in Perl and, now, I'm
converting it to PHP.
I've a private directory in my site where I store the
counter data (number of visitors, since when, last
date) and other information like name, e-mail address,
etc. of people who fill a form into the site. In Perl
those files were created automatically, even the
directory had "700" on permitions, in PHP I've to set
it to "777", opening the access to those files to
everyone.
Is there any possibility to write to files as "httpd"
or "system" (which can write to files even with "000"
permitions)?

Thank you,

Manuel Silva
[EMAIL PROTECTED]