I don't think I said it clear enough :)  Sorry abou that.  This is what I
did:

<?
echo "Page with error: $HTTP_REFERER<br>";
echo "Error Link: $PHP_SELF";
?>

This definitely did not work.  $HTTP_REFERER did not output anything and if
I understand correctly this just gives me the page that has the link that
was clicked on.

$PHP_SELF I was hoping would give me the link that gave the error since in
your browser it shows the address of the broken link, but alas this gave me
my 404.htm page instead, which was expected.

What I want is that a person on "index.htm" clicks on a link "hello.htm",
that file is not found so at this point I want to be able to echo

Page with error: index.htm
Error Link: hello.htm

I hope that was a little clearer :)

Rick