you installed sybase after you installed php ? yup you need to re-install,
how would php know about something that was never on the system when you
compiled php ? if you installed sybase then php and php doesnt see it, well,
php does that, its anoying.

configure --with-sybase=/usr/local/sybase

change that to where ever your sybase dir is.

--

  Chris Lee
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]