This is kindof a weird question so bear with me as I try to explain.

I have a session table that gets updated when a user logs in/out. If they
don't logout, some info is left unchanged. I have a cron script that takes
care of the stray sessions so that's all good. In the sessions table,
there's a field "self_logout" which is Y when they logout properly and N if
the cron script removes their session.

What I'd like to do is when the user logs in next time, a search will be
made to look at that users last login session info. If they didn't log out
properly, a notice will appear.

So theoretically, I need to search for something like:

"users current id -1" or their last time of visit.

Here is the sql query that I have so far. But I think that I need to remove
the "self_logout='N'" because that doesn't show the actual last result;
rather it shows the last result where they didn't properly logout.

$sql="select id,agent,host, DATE_FORMAT(time_in, '%M %d, %Y, %l:%i') AS
unixdate from logged_in WHERE (self_logout='N') AND (userid='$current_user')
ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 1,1";

Here is my trimmed down table structure:

CREATE TABLE logged_in (
id tinyint(4) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL auto_increment,
session varchar(100) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
time_in timestamp(14),
time_out varchar(50) DEFAULT '-' NOT NULL,
self_logout char(1) DEFAULT 'N' NOT NULL,
KEY id (id)
);

Did that make any sense? To sum it all up, I just want to remind people to
click "logout" if they forgot the last time.

Thanks for any suggestions!!