If you use fgets(), you can loop through it like the example does :

  http://www.php.net/fgets

Or, consider the file() function which automagically assigns each line to
an element of the array.

  http://www.php.net/file

Or, you could open the file as a one string using fread(), see the
example :

  http://www.php.net/fread

regards,
Philip Olson