From: Job Miller [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: giovedi 4 ottobre 2001 1.41
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] associative array syntax question

why does: print $a[$b['b']] return:

parse error, expecting `T_STRING' or `T_VARIABLE' or `T_NUM_STRING'

but if I do it in two steps like:

print $a[$c];

it works fine.

I have tried dozens of syntax combinations using
quotes, no quotes, on one or both and can't get
anything to work.  any help would be greatly
appreciated.  The two step method is annoying.

Job

For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] To
contact the list administrators, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]