On Thu, 4 Oct 2001 07:51:59 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>different length, (3k as opposed to the original 9k) I
>originally did have an error message appended to the
>downloaded image but that no longer appears to be the
>case. However the image is definitely truncated. Any

All the JPEGs I have here end with (FF D9), as does yours. However,
it's missing the header (which starts (FF D8) and has the string JFIF
in it.) I would guess you're only saving the last 2497 bytes of the
file to disc.

As to why... maybe your script isn't seperating headers and body
properly, and a big chunk of file is being thrown away by the browser
as an unrecognised "header"?

>ideas why this may be happening? Please find attached
>downloaded image.

BTW, I'm not sure that sending binaries to a discussion list is a
bright idea.

djo