you can use it like that:

see the mysql's date_add() usage:

SELECT DATE_ADD(NOW(), INTERVAL 5 DAY)
or 5 YEAR or n MONTH....

"Krushna Kumar R" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
Hi,

I have 2 fields on a table as shown below

1. period       int    - we enter no of days as number/integer
2. lastdate    date  - here i'll have to add period to todays(current) date
and store in the table

i used dateadd it was working on mysql prompt, but when i used it with PHP,
it doesnt work

Any help would be appreciated

Regards
Krushna Kumar