Well the code actually traverses a group of directories and errors on
that directory (the only one I've changed the permissions to) so I'm
pretty sure it's not the code.

Here's a snippet of the traversing code..

---<code start>---

function listDirs($startDir) {
  echo "Checking $startDir...<br>";
  $d = dir("$startDir");
  while($entry=$d->read())
  {
    if (substr($entry,0,1)!=".")
    {
      if(filetype("$startDir/$entry")=="dir")
      listDirs("$startDir/$entry");
      if(substr($entry,strlen($entry)-4) == ".php")
      dbInsert("$startDir/$entry");

listDirs("/inetpub/wwwroot");

---<code finish>---

This outputs all the directories.. ending with this

---<paste start>---

Checking /inetpub/wwwroot/info/superintendent...
Checking /inetpub/wwwroot/info/transportation...
Checking /inetpub/wwwroot/info/transportation/Trans...

Warning: OpenDir: Invalid argument (errno 22) in
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\search\update.php on line 71

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\search\update.php on line 72

---<paste finish>---

After "Checking /inetpub/wwwroot/info/transportation/Trans..." I'm
receiving the error.  Since the Trans directory is the directory with
the different permissions, I'm lead to believe it's a permissions issue.

-Justin