Wilbert Enserink wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> is it possible to do a HTTP Authentication with my own loginform instead of
> using the ugly pop up window?
>

> regards,
>
> Wilbert

With a lot of thought, yes.
You need to consider a few factors before you start.

Security: Checking the IP address of the user.
Performance: to DB or not to DB, that is the question!
Security again: what kind of password algoritm are you going to use.

And so on and so forth.

I wish you the best of luck. I made such a script just a month ago :)

--
Stig-Ørjan Smelror
Systemutvikler

Linux Communications AS