Here's the problem:
I want a PHP scrip ton my shared server to be able to create some
directories and files.  I don't want to make a  directory with 777
permissions.  Also, I'm going to distribute this script, so I don't want to
do set "web" or "nobody" as having write access in my system.

Solution?
Can PHP run some FTP or TELNET commands?  If so, couldn't I have PHP log
into the server under the actual username and password, then create the
directories and write the files???  The files would have the correct
ownership and read/write/execute permissions too.

Would this work?  Where do I start?

Thanks!
-Jeff Gannaway

Save 15% on 2002 Calendars and Holiday Cards!

http://www.AvantGifts.com
Discount Code: hopper22ct
Offer Good Through October 31, 2001