Thanks.  I already tried that which allowed me to browse but...

In my form, I have:
<input type="file" name="filename">

My form line is :
<form method="POST" name="apply" action="result.html" ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data">

Yet when I submit, and check the value of $filename in my PHP script, it is empty???
Therefore, the attachment in my mail class
ends up being empty and not sent!!!