In my code I have a few places where I use mysql_pconnect to open a
persistant database connection to mysql in order to reduce overhead.  I also
use mysql_insert_id to fetch insert ids for various insert commands.

Since mysql_pconnect uses the SAME database connection between my php
scripts... is it concievable that a call to mysql_insert_id COULD return the
id of another insert call if one is happening at that exact moment?  Or am I
worrying about nothing?  If this IS a problem I'll be sure to change my code
to open a new database connection before calling mysql_insert_id.

Thanks!

--
Marc Swanson

Phone:  (603)868-1721