> in lib.php
> define("__LIB_PHP__",1);
> in service.php:
> define("__SERVICE_PHP__',1);
> if (!__LIB_PHP__){
>     require('lib.php');

I am not sure I was clear enough.

I _want_ those include_once('lib.php') statements to be in service.php,
because service.php could get included from a file other than main.php,
let's say non_main.php.
That file (non_main.php) does not contain a statement
include_once('lib.php'), but only include_once('service_php') and so in
order to use that library, service.php has to include it itself.

Clear? :)

So, I am trying to find out what happens in case of main.php which includes
lib.php and service.php (which also includes lib.php) when I use
include_once(). Does it get included TWICE?

Roko