Our organization has a website that uses PHP and MySQL.  In fact, at least
75% of our webpages are generated dynamically.

I want to run reports on the current MySQL database, create new databases
and create, copy and alter existing tables.

Our web host does not support telnet or SSH for its clients and is not
interested in working with PhpMyAdmin at the moment (I think I need their
assistance if I want to use PhpMyAdmin, right?). Is this rather typical of
web hosts?

Can I do the tasks above by designing up a php/web interface from scratch?
Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Frustrated in Vermont - Shawna