* [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [Dec 05. 2001 18:38]:

> Hello Brian,
> actually no parse_url() will return various components of the URL
> like
> $url[scheme] = http
> $url[host] = www.php.net
> $url[path] = /download-php.php3
> $url[query] = csel=br
> I what to split the host name up not the whole URL.

Ahh, so I see now. I guess that's what I get for being in such a hurry.
:-)

You're not using any regular expressions or anything, so I'd just go
with what you had. It's probably not going to be that slow, even on
large lists of domains, for example.

--
 -Brian Clark