Yes indeed, PHP and MySQL are free ... welcome to the world of open source
software!

What type of computer operating system are you using? Does it have a web
server? You may want to consider downloading Apache as well (also
free).

There are lots of helpful tutorials on the net that can get you going if
you don't want to buy a book right away.

Mick

--
Michael Hall