i'd be interested in knowing this too (for future reference...)

-----Original Message-----
From: August Zajonc [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2001 1:43 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] Single character input on command line

Interested in getting a single character at a time on the command line using
php.

ie, I'd like to type 2 and be able to trap that keystroke right away and act
on it.

Before spending a lot of time tracking down possibilites (readline
input_buffer, reading the stdin pipe) thought I'd ask if anyone's done this
already and has an elegant way I'm missing.

Thanks,

- August