I am almost there folks.  The issue is being resolved by
using the ob_start("garbage"); at the begining of the
login.php script, and ob_end_flush(); at the end of the
login.php script (in case the authentication fails and user
stays on the page), and also put ob_end_flush(); at the top
of the index.php page.
Woow. I guess the problem was all the sudden the $SESSION[]
operations were considered output bu Header().

Gurus, do you think I am filling up my pages with garbage,
or what I am saying is making sense?

Thanks.
Erisen
--- Mehmet Kamil ERISEN <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello All,
> I have switched hosting companies.  previous server was
> php4.04pl1 now I am on a server that is php4.06.
>
> I have a file (functions.php) that stores all my SESSION
> and other functions.  A Header file, that has the general
> feel and look of the site. In brief most of my pages have
>
> include("functions.php");
> include("header.php");
>
> I also use the Header(Location: mysite.com) kind of
> functions a lot.
>
> Well, it worked fine in the prev server, now it does not.
> read the documentation
> (http://download.php.net/manual/en/function.header.php)
> , and it suggests to use of the ob_start() and
> ob_end_clean() etc...  I used those. I can redirect, but
> now, my SESSION does not work!!!
>
> Anybody had a similar experience? Please help...
> thanks.
> erisen

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> For additional commands, e-mail:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To contact the list administrators, e-mail:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

=====
Mehmet Erisen
http://www.erisen.com