Well,

One way is to log that the user is online into a database...or a flat file.
I have done this before using a database (very easy), however I have not
used a file yet..but it is possible. Use fopen() routines and fclose() for
the low level file access.

Another method is to use cookies..the user can turn this off..and it can
still be compromised.

In the end if you can't use sessions, then use a flat file, or a database.
If you don't have either of these, then I would like to hear what you
solution is.

As I'm interested in how you would overcome this problem...

PS: You could also use URL rewriting?..but then, thats not to secure...(or
pass the variable(s) to each page via a GET submission..just tag on the
variable to the end of your "next page" link)

  -Ray

Ray Gaylog
[EMAIL PROTECTED]