on 12/16/01 12:58 PM, Daniel Grace at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Anyways, though the 401 part works and actually brings up the typical "Enter
> Username/Password" box, $PHP_AUTH_USER and $PHP_AUTH_PW are not being set.
> There are no .htaccess files in the directory (or any parent dirs for that
> matter), and no AuthType directives all in my httpd.conf file. I have been
> unsuccessful in determining what is wrong, and am flat out of ideas.

My guess would be that register_globals is off.  If I recall correctly,
$PHP_AUTH_USER and $PHP_AUTH_PW need register_globals on to work like you
want them to.

Check phpinfo() to see if another variable, maybe one in the new arrays,
will give them to you.  If not, you can look for the Authorize Header and
then manually parse out the User and PW information.

Paul

<?php
/* Happy Holidays */
mysql_select_db('North_Pole');
mysql_query('SELECT reindeer FROM stable WHERE nose_color="red"');
?>