Ive been trying to get IMP 3.0 RC3 (web-based IMAP client) to work under
php / apache / imap2000 c-client.

When I install php 4.0.6 or 4.1.0 with apache 1.3.20 or 1.3.22 using
dso/apxs everything works except for one major problem:

After one is logged in (a session is opened) for a while (and other
users open sessions), when you click on a page that relies on sessions
the page never loads, it just stalls continuosly before timing out to
"cannot display page" after about 3 - 4 minutes. If you close your
session (close your browser) or clear the /tmp/sessions folder on the
server, everything is fine the links work again temporarily.

I might think this is something to do with IMP, but Ive tried other IMAP
webmail clients, and Ive had the same problem. Ive tried 5 different
platform/browser combinations. I have this problem with 4.0.6/4.1.0 and
apache 1.3.20+

So next I tried compiling php into apache with -activate-module=php..
and when I do this, Apache segfaults 11 when an imap connection is
opened!

Ahhh! Does anyone have IMP or any other imap software running under a
current version of php apache with a moderate load?

Thanks,
Lee