Occasionally, I have a problem dealing with some of the special
characters from text authored in MS Word, and then pasted into a web
form. It seems that somewhere something bad happens and what
eventually gets put into mysql via php is not correct.

In particular, I have trouble with apostrophes and accented vowels.

Is the solution to disallow users (it's an admin, so this is
realistic) from pasting from MS Word?

--
Jim Musil
---------