I'm a PHP newbie and have a few questions.

1) The server I'm working on has PHP 4.0.5 installed using an RPM. So
there's no source code. How do I include extensions (say --enable java )
without getting the PHP source code and without "make"?

2) I think the server's Apache web server is also installed using an RPM.
But the PHP is installed as a dynamic module. As far as I know, to install
as a dynamic module, you'll have to use the ./configure command of Apache
and re "make" and then "make install" Apache. But the Apache source code is
not there. How is this possible?

Thank you.