I had Apache running on Win98 and doing a pretty demanding job (well, for a
350MHz K2) and it slowed the machine down noticeably.
If the PHP script timed out the computer came back to like but if i closed
the browser window or clicked stop it seemed to keep doing it.
Maybe MySQL is finishing off the query it was last given until it terminates
or whatever. If a big, complex query was sent through lots of records this
one quesry could take a long time to sort out

LJ

"James Hudnall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> I wrote a php program that has to do a lot of processing on a couple large
mySQL tables that can take hours, so often the page will time out or kick
back a
> cannot find server errir. But it seems by checking the DB that records are
still being updated. IS it possible the job runs in background even though
it fails to
> delive the final results in the browser? I don't need the final results,
it just says when the job is completed.