Yes, of course, but the thing is that the order was important. I wanted to
put in a new value/pair at the *start* of my array, so I thougth using
array_unshift(), but that did not work or at leas I did not find how.
With the $arr[$key]=$val assignment you add at the *end* of your array $arr.
Thanks for your fast response
Marc