From: Chris Kwasneski [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2002 1:30 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] Form Problem

I'm having a problem with a HTML form.  When it gets submitted, I keep
getting an undefined variable error message.  And a blank page (aside from
a 'Hi' written on it...).  I don't think its a problem with my install of
PHP as other PHP code is running fine, but can't get it to print out this
name.  I'm probably missing something simple, but I just can't figure it
out.

Any help would be appreciated.

the form:

  <head>
  <title>My Form</title>
  </head>
  <form action="test2.php" method="GET">

  My name is:

  <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit" />
  </form>

Test2.php file:
<head>
<title>Form test...</title>
</head>
Hi <?php echo "$YourName"; ?>

The url that is getting passed to the file:

http://localhost/test2.php?YourName=Chris&submit=Submit

The error message I'm getting:

[Wed Jan 09 14:24:47 2002] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP
Warning:  Undefined variable:  YourName in c:\program files\apache
group\apache\htdocs\test2.php on line 10