From: Alex Elderson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 10:44 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] global/local var in a function

Hi,

I have a little problem with a function. It calls him self and the var i is
lost! after the call!

can anybody help me?

(it's javascript)

function change_check_all(tree_item) {
    a = document.all[tree_item + "_check"];
    b = document.all[tree_item + "_count"];
    for(i=0;i<b.value;i++) {
      if (a.value=="off") {
        change_check_to(tree_item + "_" + i, 0);
      } else {
        change_check_to(tree_item + "_" + i, 1);
      }
      change_check_all(tree_item + "_" + i, i);