Andrey Hristov wrote:

 > Several months ago there were notes on few websites about "phpcompiler".
 > AFAIK it is not so good but it is something.
 > Last week a man on php-dev said that he starts working on new php
compiler but with different approach - to connect in one thing -
 > php4ts.dll, php.exe, and the source code untouched(no compiling on it).
 > It is interesting if one can make compiler for php to Java bytecode.
I saw that there is a such compiler for Ada.

But, as i understood the question, he ist looking for something that
generates code which makes the php interpreter obsolete.

I think something like this doesn't exist. There are several ways to
generate bytecode, but this is still to be run with a special interpreter.

There are several approaches, whereof some have the goal to make
execution of code quicker and some others have the goal to give you
possibility to distribute your software without giving away the code in
readable form. I think there is an encoder from zend, too, to be found
at www.zend.com

my 2 cents

henning