Hi,

I am rather new to PHP so I hope somebody can help me.

I have a normal button (HTML code). Then I have made a function

function multiply($X)
{
    return 2*$X;
}

The button has an OnClick, which calls my function.
<INPUT TYPE="BUTTON" name="HH" value="Mul" onClick="<? $XX=multiply(5);?>" >

I then writes $X to the screen.

<?php echo $X ?>

The problem is I dont even have to press the button. When the page loads it
already has calculated 2*$X. Why is that. I would like to only call my
function when I press my button.

Please help
Morten