on 1/13/02 6:07 AM, FiShcAkE at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Try that again, without pressing ctrl-enter this time!!
>
> As I said, I have got the usual script:
>
> <?
> if(isset($action))
> {
> $include = $action;
> } else {
> $include = "home";
> }
> include($include. ".inc");
> ?>
>
> but, how do I put in a custom error page instead of seeing:

if i understand what you are asking, you might try something like

 if (is_file($include. ".inc")) {
   include($include. ".inc");
 } else {
   include(custom_error.inc);
 }

you may need to execute is_file($include. ".inc") inside a loop so that it
checks in all your inlude_directories.

 foreach($dirs as $dir) {
  if (is_file($dir.'/'.$include. ".inc")) {
   blahblahblah
  }

otherwise, if you know 'all' the valid files, you could create an array of
filenames and compare $include to elements of the array.

> Warning: Unable to access anyotherpage.inc in
> /var/virt/home/stuffwefound-co-uk/public_html/index.php on line 70
>
> Warning: Failed opening 'anyotherpage.inc' for inclusion (include_path='') in
> /var/virt/home/stuffwefound-co-uk/public_html/index.php on line 70
>
> I have got an error page for any other url i.e.   apagenotfound.php  but I
> dont know how to overcome the above.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Lee

 -- mike cullerton   michaelc at cullerton dot com