I've set up a new machine in a production environment to roll over an
existing PHP script onto.  Unfortunately, I'm running into a strange error:

I have a login form, using fields named 'username' and 'password'.  These are
also used as variables.  Using IE, the cookie never shows up as I would
expect it to in the cookies directory.  Additionally, I can't login as the
variables are returned as null values to the script.

Even stranger...I made a test.php that just echoes $username.  I call it with
?username=test, and it works.  Then I try the script that sets cookies, and
it doesn't work.  Then I go back to the same test.php request, and it doesn't
show the value I passed to it (though it will show ones of other names that I
didn't try to set in a cookie)!

I know the code is valid, as it's working fine on 2 other production machines.

I had PHP compiled into Apache, and just rebuilt both using APXS...same
results.

This is the code that I'm passing $username to, that totally screws things
up, but works on other machines:

if ($username != null) {
        $time = mktime()+3600;
        $date = gmdate("D, d-M-Y H:i:s", ($time));
        header ('Set-Cookie: username='.$username.'; expires='.$date.' GMT; path=/;

        domain='.$SERVER_ADDR);
}

Restarting IE makes the test.php page work again...nothing else.  Please, if
anybody could assist or ask me for any other information required to
diagnose, I would be very thankful.  I need to get this working ASAP, and
have been fighting it to no avail for the past few hours.

--
Casey Allen Shobe
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

'Why do people with closed minds always open their mouths?'