Mike and Jeff,

> what about the "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"? is it failing on a 'bad' email address? or
> maybe putting everything in variables and trying
>
>  mail($to,$subject,$message);

=there's a difference between the way PHP talks to an SMTP server (using mail()) on
Win32 compared to *nix -
which can make advice on the forum 'tricky'. On Windows the email msg is shunted out
of PHP and thrown at the
SMTP server with no ceremony - and no 'backwards' communication eg a confirmatory msg
"got it thanks". Whereas
*nix systems allow for some discussion between PHP and sendmail (for example).

=thus under Windows the quality of the email address is almost irrelevant (to PHP at
least). However the email
lines from PHP.INI will be of interest. Can you post them please Jeff?

=Regards,
=dn