I hope im on the right track Cause im jumping in on this post.

 $MYCHK isn't an array cause you aren't using array syntax or simply left
out the brackets.

 try:

 ( for the checkboxes )
 <INPUT TYPE="CHECKBOX" NAME="MYCHK[]" VALUE="A">
 <INPUT TYPE="CHECKBOX" NAME="MYCHK[]" VALUE="B">

I have done this 100's of times.

Hope this helps,
Steve