Hi list...

I'm new here and was reading all these posts on RTFM.

Heres how I figure it, there are always going to be lazy people asking
advanced (or who they think may be advanced) users of PHP to write out their
code. I know, I used to be one of these people when I was trying to figure
out *giggle* mIRC script. I would go into #mirc or #mirchelp on IRC and
should the slightest problem occur, I would automatically ask someone to
figure it out for me. And there are other people who discover PHP by some
friend or something and wishes that they could learn the language in 2 hours
and become as "cool" as their friend.

Also, there are people with absolutely no prior programming experience
trying to get into PHP and reading the manual, which IMHO was written to
complement past programmers looking for a new language, can be confusing.

When I first started PHP, it was my first programming experience before mIRC
script HEH. Sad but true. And when I first read the manual, I got confused!
The terminology blew over my head and yes, I right away asked for help. And
as I asked for help, and people told me the answers I looked back at the
manual and the terminology started to make sense.

All of you have been through it at one stage in your life or another. A
newbie seeking help. So be kind, be fair, ect ect ect. This is my first and
last post that will be off topic of the mailing list. Toodles......

Alex