Sorry if this is a newbie question, but I haven't followed the development
of 4.1.

All my previous code.. I've been able to do this:

/index.php
/general
/content
/content/index.php

where under content I could include images from a higher level directory
like this in content/index.php:

include("../general/something.php");
or
include("/general/something.php");

I assume that this in php.ini, but the includes line looks the same. How can
continue to have the same behaviour as in 4.0.6 where I could include from
other directories above the current one.

If it's documented.. a pointer to the doc would be fine.