On Monday 21 January 2002 21:17, Uma Shankari T. wrote:
> Hello,
>

>     When i upload the file it is updating only in the document root
> directory.It is not updated in some other directory except the root
> directory.why is it so?
>
> Any one tell me the solution for this?

The general procedure for dealing with uploaded files is:

1) Uploaded file is saved in a temp directory (defined in php.ini) under a
temp name.

2) Get the temp name and the actual name (see manual).

3) Move the temp file to its final destination.

The final destination directory must be writable by the 'user' running the
webserver.

hth

/*
The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter.
                -- Mark Twain
*/