I have a html form that people enter data into, when they click submit, a
php file is called, this displays the data in a desired format, the user
then has to click on another submit button...this button needs to save the
current file (without the button).

My question is how do i save the file created....without certain parts of
the file. Because currently the data is formatted within the html code of
the php file..how can just the html part of the php file be saved?

Many thanks for any help you can offer

Laura