$user = $HTTP_GET_VARS["user"];
$pass = $HTTP_GET_VARS["pass"];

$real =  "superduperunlieklytobeguesedpass";
if($user == $validuser && $pass == $real)
{
    echo "thank you for logging in here is the page";
?>
<HTML>
etc
<?php } else {
die("You supid idiot thats not a valid login");
?>
and call the page as
http://superdomain.com/login.php?user=Imasuperduperuser&pass=superduperunlie
klytobeguesedpass

You'd need to alter it obviously. Its good for secureing one page if you
want multi page you ... need to work on Sessions :S Im working on em now :S
scarry stuff :S

"Laserjetter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> Depending on how secure the login information needs to be, you could just
> store it in a text file, maybe using password() to encrypt passwords. You
> could then access it using fopen() and save the contents of the file in an
> array.
>
> I'm not too hot on login and authentication though myself! I did get it
> working, there was a useful example in the PHP manual.
>
> LJ
>
> "XX XX" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > hi. im new. i installed a login script on my site and after a few days,
it
> > stopped working. i reinstalled it and it still refused to work after a
dew
> > days. can anyone send me a good login script preferably with no MySql?
im