From: John P. Donaldson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2002 3:39 PM
To: php
Subject: [PHP] ereg_replace help

I have a file open and can successfully write to it,
but I was to be able to search for a certain string of
text and replace it with a string of text.  I can't
figure out how to construct a proper ereg_replace
statement to search through this file and do the
replacing.  Examples I've seen are in the manner of:

$text = "line1\nline2\n";
fputs(ereg_replace("\n", "<br>", $text));

But how do I set the value of $text to be the entire
contents of the text file I've got open so it can
search through the entire file to find matches and
replace those matches?  Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
John