In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Wm)
wrote:

> Cc Zona wrote:

> > > i want the user to be able to see the amount being charged on the
> > > screen, but not to be able to view it in a hidden field in the source
> > > code. most shopping cart applications are like this.
> >
> > What would be the point of that?  If they can see it onscreen anyway (as
> > they should), why hide it in the source?
> >
> > Could you point out some URLs where there are shopping carts like this?

> amazon.com
> vitaminworld

Many shopping carts track persistent data (including running totals) via
cookies.  If you just want to know *how* to do what they do, the short
answer is "cookies" <http://php.net/sessions> <http://php.net/set-cookie>.
But I doubt any of them are doing so with the *intent* to prevent onscreen
data from being viewable in the source.

--
CC